|Campus Planning Section|
|Quantity Surveying Section|
Engr. Emmanuel B. Filli
The Physical Planning and Development Unit was established in 2002 at the inception of Adamawa State University, Mubi. The Unit is responsible for the Physical Development and provision of Infrastructures and equipment of the University. The Unit is currently headed by Ag. Director, Engr. E.B. Filli, MNSE, MNES.
To provide quality infrastructure and conducive environment for learning, teaching and research in line with the University’s requirement.
The vision of the Unit is meeting the requirement of the Adamawa State University in terms of Infrastructural provision/development and equipment to facilitate smooth operation of academic activities.
The philosophy of the Unit derives its mandate from the general philosophy of the University, the adopted University Master Plan, National University Commission standards and professional ethics.
OBJECTIVES OF THE UNIT
The overall objective of the Unit is to provide physical infrastructural facility requirements of the University. Specific objectives include:
- To provide classes and lecture theatres commensurate with students growth.
- To provide laboratories equipped with relevant chemicals and up to date (modern) equipment for practical and research.
- To provide comfortable and decent accommodation for staff and their families.
- To provide decent hostels for student to meet up with population growth.
- To provide clean and portable water to the University community.
- To provide office accommodation to staff for easy operation of academic activities.
- To provide a well furnished and equipped library.
- To provide road network linking various Units and segments of the University.
- To improve the aesthetic quality of the campus through landscaping, drainage e.t.c.
- Provide security Fence and Gate to protect the University community and guard against trespassers to its land and assisting in preventing theft of the University properties.
- To provide a befitting sports complex to cater for recreational needs and for a mental and physical fitness of staff and students.
- Provide community facilities that will aid an effective communication within the University community and other security agencies.
- To provide vehicle to Deans, Director, head of Department etc.
- To provide farm structures e.g. Pen Houses, Screen Houses, Fish Ponds, etc.
- To provide power supply to the University community.
- To provide furniture and equipment.
Functions of the Unit
current staff of the unit
|Engr. E. B. Filli||Ag. Director, PPD||Tenure||Head of Dept.|
|John D. Godi||Principal Technical Officer||Tenure||Engineering|
|Engr. Titus Jonathan||Senior Electrical Engineer||Tenure||Engineering|
|Isa Abdulkadir||Architect I||Tenure||Architect|
|Ayuba Yakubu||Senior Campus Planner||Tenure||Campus Planning|
|Salihu Adamu||Senior Quantity Surveyor||Tenure||Quantity Surveying|
|Oliver S. Bongotons||Higher Technical Officer (Building)||Tenure||Architectural|
|Mohammed Abubakar||Draughtsman||Tenure||Campus Planning|
|Bifam Yakubu||Confidential Secretary I||Tenure||Registry|
|Sa’adatu Dajuma||Assistant Clerical Officer||Tenure||Registry|
|Mukaddas Abubakar||Gardner||Tenure||Campus Planning|
|Luka Usman||Gardner||Tenure||Campus Planning|
|Musa Anthony||Gardner||Tenure||Campus Planning|